Mother Jones is seeking a revenue operations manager to grow our digital revenue operations. On the leading edge of the digital media industry, Mother Jones produces top-notch, independent investigative journalism and we’re looking for the right person to help sustain and grow our various digital revenue streams.
If you love data, digital infrastructure, and a free and independent press, this might be the perfect job for you. We’re looking for an energetic, innovative person who is great at using and maintaining digital marketing tools and who loves data and metrics to join our team. You’ll join a top-notch team of people helping to build a new business model for investigative journalism in these troubled times.
You’ll be responsible for the systems and structures that undergird our reader support efforts online. This includes working with our director of business development and revenue operations to implement and execute digital fundraising and print subscription campaigns. Additionally, you will own the infrastructure that supports these efforts—an array of tools from our email marketing tools to customer databases to parts of our website back end. A successful candidate will come into the position with a passion for efficient and scalable systems, experience with digital marketing tools, an obsession with a metrics, and data driven idea of success.
- Execute online fundraising campaigns
- Email marketing inside our email service provider
- Reporting and analysis for mid-campaign optimizations
- Project management digital campaigns
- Own key relationships for online revenue generation
- Email service provider
- Transaction page hosting company
- Payment processors
- Donor and subscriber CRM
- Collaborate with tech and design teams to design, optimize, test, and improve user experience for subscribers and donors
- Pitch ideas for system improvements, execute changes, and monitor results
- Work with accounting, finance, and analytics departments to provide accurate and timely data as it relates to online revenue from fundraising and subscription sales
- Reporting and analysis
- Data analysis for marketing campaign optimization
- Revenue reporting for finance and accounting departments
- BA/BS in related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years relevant experience in digital marketing, e-commerce, or non-profit fundraising
- Expert level working background with business applications software, specifically Excel
- Basic HTML
- Experience with email service providers, CRMs, and databases a plus
The terms of this job are covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with Local 2103, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America, AFL-CIO.
Mother Jones and its parent organization, the Foundation for National Progress, are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and welcoming workplace. We do not discriminate in our hiring based on race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, union activity, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, on-the-job injuries, age, or any status otherwise protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please email a résumé and personalized cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Revenue Operations Manager” as the subject line. No calls, please.