5 Creative Uses for: Vinegar
Next up in our series on clever alternative uses for surplus stuff: vinegar. Reuse fans, this is a good one. The acidic liquid cleans, heals, and deskunks, not to mention its salad dressing potential. Here are just five of its myriad (thanks AltUse.com) uses:
1. Kill a wart: Soak a small piece of cotton wool (end of a q-tip works well) in cider vinegar. Fasten the cotton wool over the wart with medical tape or a band-aid. Reapply as needed.
2. Unclog drains: Use 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda and one cup of white vinegar to keep bathroom sink drains clear without damaging your pipes.
3. Heal a bruise: Apply white vinegar for one hour to a bruise. The vinegar will reduce the discoloration and aid healing.
4. Brighten tiki torches: Soak the torches' wicks in distilled vinegar for a few hours, then let dry. When lit, the flames will burn longer and brighter.
5. Remove skunk odor: Rub vinegar full strength into your pet's fur and then rinse with cool water. Pat dry with a clean towel.