The Week So Far
| Tue Jan. 10, 2012 4:38 PM EST
What have we learned over the past couple of days? A short list:
- Mitt Romney doesn't, in fact, enjoy firing people.
- On the other hand, firing your insurance company isn't quite the cakewalk he seems to think it is.
- Republicans don't really give a rat's ass about free enterprise if denouncing it helps them win an election.
- Romney is making shit up about the number of jobs he created when he was CEO of Bain.
- Sheldon Adelson is really, really rich.
- If Newt Gingrich doesn't get to be quarterback, he'll take his ball and go home. And then he'll return with a backhoe, tear up the field, and turn it into a toxic waste dump.
- Just as last week we learned that Iowa didn't matter after all, now we're learning that New Hampshire doesn't matter either. South Carolina is the real proving ground. Honest. This time we're not kidding.
This is going to be a fun year, isn't it?