In what is obviously a carefully calculated bit of Bob Somerby bait, Jonathan Allen today reveals “the media’s 5 unspoken rules for covering Hillary.” Here’s the nickel summary:
- Everything, no matter how ludicrous-sounding, is worthy of a full investigation by federal agencies, Congress, the “vast right-wing conspiracy,” and mainstream media outlets.
- Every allegation, no matter how ludicrous, is believable until it can be proven completely and utterly false. And even then, it keeps a life of its own in the conservative media world.
- The media assumes that Clinton is acting in bad faith until there’s hard evidence otherwise.
- Everything is newsworthy because the Clintons are the equivalent of America’s royal family.
- Everything she does is fake and calculated for maximum political benefit.
Read the whole thing for all the details. Bottom line: “This is a problem for Clinton, and it seems unlikely to go away.” Yes indeedy.