Social media, that dastardly upstart of a content type, is a little like a cocktail party: occasionally interesting and usually full of people you sort of know. Social media aggregators, on the other hand, are more like boozy pubs: entertaining and loud.
Forthwith, 10 links this week from Digg and Reddit that I found informative and deliciously strange. This (and every) week's meme: the internet! Think of social media aggregators as newspapers that report on the internet as if it were a place. That's right, kinda like a bar and kinda like a newspaper. Enjoy.
1) Does anyone else feel like despite the vastness of the internet you just visit the same 4 or 5 sites over and over?
2) Trent Reznor explains the music industry.
3) Is it immoral to review leaked copies of The Wolverine movie?
4) Hey, Bill Gates has a Facebook page!
5) Should Obama control the Internet?
6) The dark side of Dubai.
7) Yes, the Internet sucks on April 1. Every year.
8) Chewbacca chord. Hilarity ensues.
9) Hungover in London? Have I got a bacon cure for you.
10) Just cuz it reminds me of the Homeward Bound movie..