Jo Becker, New York Times
- "All documents and records, including but not limited to, emails, letters, correspondence, memoranda, messages, notes and communications, and records of communication to or from the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), the Department of Environmental Conservation, the Department of Law and the Governor's Office that in any way relate to the following:
- The position of DNR, the governor or any other state officials or agencies concerning Ballot Measure 4.
- The website information published by DNR on Ballot Measure 4.
- The governor's decision to make, or her ability to make, statements regarding the merits of Ballot Measure 4 and/or the ability of any state official to make statements regarding the merits of ballot initatives [sic].
- All communications or records of communications between the governor's office or any state department/agency or official with any member of the group Alaskans Against the Mining Shutdown, the council of Alaska Producers, Pebble Partnership or any other entitity [sic] related to the mining industry regarding Ballot Measure 4 or the Pebble Mine within the last year.
- Documents, communications or records of communications relating to Todd Palin's trips aboard planes owned by mining companies and any documents, communications or records of communications mentioning or referring to Todd Palin and Ballot Measure 4, and/or the Pebble Parntership [sic], and/or the Council of Producers, and/or Alaskans Against the Mining Shutdown and/or the mining industry general, including, but not limited to, any email by the governor or any member of Ms. Palin's administration that was sent or fowarded [sic] Todd Palin's email address, which is or was firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communication between the Governor, members of her staff or state officials relating to Ballot Measure 4 and/or the mining industry in general with anyone associated with the McCain campaign in the last six weeks.
This request should be construed to cover not only Ms. Palin's government emails but also emails sent or forwarded to any and all of the governor's private email accounts, including but not limited to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org."
Jessi Joseph, CNN
- "Access to and copies of any and all communication including e-mails that Governor Palin had regarding the proposed pebble mine project and Ballot Measure Number Four. Please include all communication and correspondence including e-mails from March 1,2008 through September 19, 2008."
- "Access to and copies of any and all communication including e-mails where Governor Palin mentioned or wrote about Senator John McCain. Please include all communication and correspondence including e-mails from February 1, 2008 through March 30, 2008."
- "Access to and copies of any and all communication including e-mails between Governor Sarah Palin and her husband, Todd Palin. Please include all communication and correspondence including e-mails from August 1, 2008 through September 19, 2008."
Charles Piller, Los Angeles Times
- "Photo copies of all receipts for travel and related expenses of the governor
- Correspondence between her office and BP, Exxon, ConocoPhillips and TransCanada regarding the gas pipeline plan, bidding, and related issues."
- "Access to the more than 1,000 e-mails that Gov. Sarah Palin will not release to the press. They can be placed on a server to be accessed by everyone or emailed directly to me to avoid printing costs. I want to understand why they are not being released. Here in Florida, we operate under the Sunshine Law, and all emails are accessible to the public. All Americans have rights to these emails to judge for themselves where to place their confidence and vote during the upcoming Presidential election."