A roundup of some stories from the past week you might like to check out:
• When it comes to foreign policy, Obama puts human rights in a corner.
• Good green news from an often bad and bloody scene.
• Saudi ladies might finally be allowed to become lawyers.
• The NYT reports that maternal-mortality numbers are dropping around the globe, but leaves out that in the United States, they're up.
• Add Senegalese Quranic schools to the list of trusted organizations that cannot be trusted with your children. Ditto the Boy Scouts. Nothing is sacred anymore.