- Collaborative journalism tackles the world's biggest problem.
- Disaster Capitalism
Which companies are cashing in on climate change?
- Risk Mismanagement
...And why do some have their heads in the sand?
- Grapes of Wrath
Why warmer weather will cripple the wine industry
- Buh-bye East Coast Beaches
Buh-bye East Coast beaches
- Fair and... Carbon Neutral?
Media's greenest mogul? Yup, Rupert Murdoch
- The Golden Fleece Glenn Beck turned paranoia into a pitch for a precious-metals dealer—but many who joined the gold rush have ended up feeling like fools.
- What's Killing the Babies of Kettleman City?
A small-town mystery could change the way we think about pollution.
- Meet the Real Death Panels
Should geezers like me give up life-prolonging treatments to cut health care costs? Not if it's just going to bankroll another Pfizer exec's fancy vacation.
- Click and Dagger
He's revealed the secrets of the Pentagon, Swiss banks, Scientology, and Sarah Palin. Meet the international man of mystery behind WikiLeaks.
As a public service, nonprofit Mother Jones will release the full contents of this issue to all site visitors over the next several weeks.
What happens when lawyers snoop on the CIA; Ft. Knox gold AWOL?; baking on the Bronx Riviera; meet the Tea Party's state-sovereignty guru; weapons of bass destruction; Arizona's baddest immigration cop; the hardest job in DC; a drone of one's own; BP in bed with Louisiana police (literally)
David Corn on Hollywood's nuclear weapons gamble; comic agitprop through the ages; cartoonists Dan Clowes and Jules Feiffer draw us in; plus more book (Blezzed R Teh Cheezmakers), film, tv (Thu Tran) and music reviews
- Get Behind Me, Seitan
- Can eating animals be better for the planet than eating plants? A lifelong vegetarian finds out the surprising answer.
Cover illustration by Dale Stephanos; Illustration by Christoph Hitz