According to the Washington Post copy desk, “Republican campaigns pause as Herman Cain announcement looms.” Really? The entire clown show is in suspended animation while it waits with bated breath for Herman Cain to tell us if he’s planning to pull out of the presidential race? I guess stranger things have happened.
Anyway, since Cain was never remotely likely to win the nomination, I don’t really care what he decides to do. The only thing I’m curious about is who he blames. There are several obvious choices:
- The lamestream media, which was determined from the start to tear down President Obama’s biggest threat.
- The Democrat machine, which is terrified of facing a strong, conservative black man in November.
- Republican elites, who don’t want an outsider breaking up their cocktail parties and power lunches.
- Our hypersensitive liberal culture, which always interprets “You want a job, right?” in the worst possible light.
- Gloria Cain, who continues to support him without reservation but would like Herman to spend more time with his family.
Vote in comments! Or add your own guess to the list. Personally, I’m voting for all five.