Do you remember this famous video of the South Korean parliament from a few years ago?
How infantile! This is supposed to be a mature democracy. What the hell is going on?
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Marco Rubio on Friday morning, making his case against Donald Trump:
Can you feel the burn? And here is Trump a few hours later making his case against Rubio:
Makes you proud to be an American, doesn’t it? The presidential campaign of one of our great political parties has now degenerated into two guys in suits insulting each other for sweating a lot during a debate.
By the way, Trump’s schtick came during an event where he announced the endorsement of New Jersey governor Chris Christie. Trump now has the following endorsements:
- Sarah Palin, crackpot former Republican VP candidate.
- Teresa Giudice, star of Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- Geert Wilders, Dutch Islamaphobe and leader of the Party for Freedom.
- Joe Arpaio, famous Arizona sheriff fond of chain gangs, dressing inmates in pink underwear, feeding them moldy food, and too many other lunatic acts to count.
- Paul LePage, wingnut governor of Maine who memorably said that Maine’s biggest problem was “guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty….they come up here, they sell their heroin.”
- David Duke, noted white supremacist and former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Alex Jones, insane talk radio conspiracy monger.
- Jerry Falwell Jr., evangelical leader of Liberty University, whose endorsement came despite Trump’s well-known string of affairs, remarriages, skinflint charitable giving, and apparent lack of any serious Christian faith.
- Ann Coulter, political commentator noted for her Islamaphobia, hatred of illegal immigrants, and general descent into highly-calculated derangement.
- Dennis Rodman, famous basketball player and friend to Kim Jung-un
- Juanita Brodderick and Paula Jones, who both made sketchy but famous accusations of sexual harassment against Bill Clinton.
- Willie Robertson, homophobic star of Duck Dynasty.
- Carl Paladino, racist emailer and secret-daughter-hiding former Republican candidate for New York governor.
- Chris Christie, ambitious, tough-guy governor of New Jersey embroiled in a controversy over punishing a political opponent by deliberately shutting down two lanes on the George Washington bridge and tying up traffic for miles.
This man is currently leading the national Republican polls by more than 20 points over his nearest competitor.