I’ve previously explained the DC Ticker I compile most days, which is now being featured on ABC News’ website show, Political Punch, hosted by Jake Tapper. Here are the picks featured on this week’s PP:
* Tim Kaine, sell. His DNC is pumping millions into Democratic campaigns, but it still looks as if the Dems are heading toward a historic shellacking.
* Michael Steele, sell. His party seems to be on the verge of seizing control of the House and picking up a significant number of Senate seats, but perhaps no thanks to the RNC, which has been a fundraising flop.
* Newt Gingrich, buy. His chances of becoming the next president are next to nil, but he’s raised a lot of money recently, which will put him where he wants to be: in the discussion of 2012 wannabes.
* Patty Murray, sell. From Senator Mom in Sneakers to running for her life.
* Carl Forti, buy. Dubbed “Karl Rove’s Karl Rove,” the young political strategist who’s guiding several of the outside group pouring secret funds into campaigns to help Republicans will be able to claim a big share of the credit should the GOP score big on Election Day.
You can receive the almost-daily DC Ticker report by following my Twitter feed. (#DCticker is the Twitter hashtag.) Please feel free to argue with my selections—though all decisions of the judges are final. And please feel free to make suggestions for buy or sell orders in the comments below or on Twitter (by replying to @DavidCornDC). Don’t forget: DC Ticker is merely an advisory service. It and its author cannot be held liable for any investments made in politicians, policy wonks, or government officials on the basis of the information presented. Invest in politics at your own risk.