Finally, after months of speculation, scandal, and shadow campaigning, Hillary Clinton is about to announce she is officially running for president. The Clinton camp leaked to press on Friday that she plans to tweet a video on Sunday announcing her intent to run; the Guardian reported that Clinton will be on a plane to Iowa to begin campaigning when the video goes public.
The former first lady, US senator, and secretary of state is not expected to face any serious competition for the Democratic nomination, and GOP presidential hopefuls have already started attacking her. Bill and Hillary Clinton might be the most covered political figures in history; count on plenty of stories from her life and career to reemerge during the campaign. Start sorting through the clutter by reading Mother Jones‘ extensive Clinton coverage.
- Meet the “drum-circle weirdo” tasked with running Hillary’s 2016 campaign.
- Bill might be a wild card on the campaign trail, but Hillary’s real family problem could be her two eccentric brothers.
- Republicans blew their chance to beat her in 2000. Have they learned their lesson?
- How Hillary may have violated email rules—and how her classically Clintonian response antagonized the media.
- Read what a close friend of the Clintons had to say about them in his diary. It’s not pretty.
- Inside the crusade of former Clinton nemesis David Brock to vanquish Hillary’s enemies.
- Millennials might push her to victory.
- The story of how Hillary’s State Department sold fracking to the world.
- The definitive guide to every Hillary Clinton conspiracy theory—so far.
- Does Hillary have a Goldman Sachs problem?
- The story of the superfans who got Dems ready for Hillary.
If you’re still hungry for Hillary coverage, check out this ridiculous pro-Hillary country song, or find out why UFO activists can’t wait for another Clinton in the White House.