Don't let honey lurk in your cabinet, quietly crystalizing while you forget about it. Instead, AltUse.com suggests using it to:
1. Soothe a sore throat: Instead of a teabag, add honey and lemon to hot water. Or, if you're feeling brave, mix 1/2 c. vinegar and 1/4 c. honey and gargle. Both solutions work like a cough drop.
2. Clear up acne: Apply a little honey to a blemish and cover with a band-aid. Works best overnight.
3. Condition your hair: Add one tablespoon of plain honey to two teaspoons of oilive oil. Place the mixture in the microwave for 15 seconds or until warm. Rub the mixture into your hair, wrap in a wet towel, and leave on for 20 minutes. Shampoo normally, but lather well to get olive oil out.
4. Dress a wound: In a pinch, honey works as a mild antiseptic. Apply it to to the wound and cover with a band-aid.
5. Exfoliate your skin: Honey crystallized? Use it like a facial scrub to get rid of dead skin. Rinse off with water.