There's a Pitched Battle Being Fought Over the Phrase "Added Sugars"
What do the following organizations have in common?
- American Bakers Association
- American Beverage Association
- American Frozen Foods Institute
- Corn Refiners Association
- National Confectioners Association
- American Frozen Food Institute
- Sugar Association
- International Dairy Foods Association
Answer: they are all furiously opposed to an FDA proposal that would add a line to the standard nutrition facts label for "Added Sugars." Big surprise, eh? Roberto Ferdman explains here why it's probably a good idea anyway.