- On feminism: "Instead of dwelling on what I think I deserve, I should be thinking that I am to serve the Lord graciously, however He chooses."
- On widowhood: "Younger widows are to remarry rather than have idle time to gossip."
- On extramarital friendships: "Turn from wrong thinking about the other person to right thinking about God and your responsibility to honor and worship Him."
- On pms: "Lord, forgive me for maligning You. Instead, use me for your glory however you choose. If the pms symptoms have to continue, they'll just have to continue."
- On vanity: "Beauty is one of the ways the adulteress draws her prey...[but] it is all right to have some external adornment, because stripping oneself of all makeup and wearing only plain, drab clothing does not make a woman more pleasing to God."