Larry Craig is a Friend of the Series of Tubes, Though He Says Otherwise
Last night, Larry Craig and his wife sat down with Matt Lauer to discuss the senator's sex scandal. At one point, Lauer asked Craig if he knew the Minneapolis airport bathroom he was caught in is a hot spot for gay sex, a fact Craig would presumably find on the internet.
Craig responded, "Matt, you won't believe this. But I don't use the Internet. I don't have a computer at my desk. I've never used the Internet. It's just not what I do."
According to them:
- Craig is a member of the Congressional Internet Caucus.
- He co-sponsored a bill designating June 2007 as National Internet Safety Month.
- He was presented with the 2007 Internet Keep Safe Coalition Award.
- On his Web site, he lists as a top accomplishment a Silver Mouse Award given to his site in 2003 and 2006 by the Congressional Management Foundation in 2003 and 2006.
- When he endorsed Mitt Romney for president, he did so on YouTube.