—By Ryan Grim
July/August 2009 Issue
1. A 1918 New York Times article suggested Germany was trying to make Americans "cokeys" and "hop fiends" with...
2. How much "ditchweed"—wild hemp with no psychoactive properties—did the DEA destroy in 2005?
3. As the "methedemic" raged in 2004, how many meth "superlabs" did federal authorities seize?
4. During the late 19th century, most opium addicts were first turned on to the drug by...
5. Which of the following did not support efforts to criminalize marijuana in the 1930s?
6. Nearly what portion of Mexico's arable land is used to grow drugs?
7. Which president first declared cocaine "the most dangerous drug problem that the US ever faced"?
8. Who was the Senate's most strident drug warrior in the 1960s?
9. In which decade did Americans' illegal drug use decline most rapidly?
10. In 2004, the White House buried a study that found that a $1.4 billion anti-pot ad campaign had...
Ryan Grim is the senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post, and is the author of This Is Your Country on Drugs. For more of his stories, click here.
Advertise on MotherJones.com
MoJo Troll Patrol encourages readers to sign in with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Disqus, or OpenID to comment. Please read our comment policy before posting.
Funny Times magazine:
Guaranteed to Make You Laugh
Available in iTunes, on Kindle Fire or in print
Get hundreds of America's funniest progressive cartoonists
and writers every month. For over 25 years, we've been
serving up smart, observational and laugh-out-loud humor
to help you make sense of our crazy world. Try us today!
Humor Times: World's Funniest News Source
Don't cry about the news, laugh about it, with the Humor Times! Monthly political humor magazine transforms politics as we know it! Subscribe today!
Real Viagra, Cialis Levitra Deal
Secure, Discreet and Reliable. Dare to compare our competitive prices.
Support Independent Artists
Amazing art, crafts, apparel, paper-goods and more. A carefully curated selection of sundries since 1999.
Bernard F. Duhon: A Professional Law Corporation
An attorney that is straightforward and dedicated with 34 years of experience in the industry.
Post Hypnotic Press Audio Books
Inspiring, relevant, smart audiobooks: sustainability, progressive economics, health, engaging fiction. Need a last minute gift, email an audio book download!
Mother Jones' text ads reach influential, socially-conscious readers eager to take action
See how easy and affordable it is to share your customized message with millions of consumers.
FREE CONNECTIONS FOR GREEN SINGLES
Meet progressive singles in the environmental, vegetarian
& animal rights community who share your values