The year is almost over. Thank God. If you're anything like us, you spent a good portion of the last year tearing your hair out over something you read on the internet. (Did you know millennials have a sense of entitlement? It's true!)
Here are 46 stories we couldn't stop complaining about in 2013:
"Eric devoured the sandwich as if it were a five-star meal, diving in with large, eager bites. 'Babes, this is delicious!' he exclaimed."
- "A Generation of Idle Trophy Kids," Boston Globe
- "The Me Generation," Time
- "To (All) the Colleges That Rejected Me," Wall Street Journal
- "On Twitter, More 'Favoriting'," Wall Street Journal
- "I Got Yelled at by an Inner City Kid at a YMCA Camp," Thought Catalog
- "I'm Not Going to Pretend I'm Poor to Be Accepted by You," Thought Catalog
- "How This Syrian Situation Reminds Me of High School," Thought Catalog
- "Being Privileged Is Not a Choice, so Stop Hating Me for It," Thought Catalog
- "What's Wrong With the Modern World," Guardian
- "I'm 124 Sandwiches Away From an Engagement Ring" New York Post
- "I Am Mr. 300 Sandwiches—How Should I Propose?" New York Post
New York and Not-New-York
"The brunch is all the same."
- "Want to Meet Influential New Yorkers? Invite Them to Dinner," New York Times
- "The Nanny Recipes: Skip the Microwave," New York Times
- "Creating Hipsturbia," New York Times
- "How I Became a Hipster," New York Times
- "How Hipsters Ruined Paris," New York Times
- "For Men, a Gluteus More Maximus," New York Times
- "Chopped Salad Has Become the Lunch of Choice in the Northeast," New York Times
- "Take This Microbrew and Shove It," New Republic
- "Chicago Manuals," New York Times
Washington Post Columnist Richard Cohen
"Miley Cyrus twerked. I had to look up the word since my indefatigable spell checker had no idea what I meant."
"The preferred terms, he said, are 'hackers,' 'makers' or 'coders.'"
- "'Techie' Term Draws Derision From Tech Workers," San Francisco Chronicle
- "Tech Entrepreneurs Revive Communal Living," San Francisco Chronicle
- "I've Raised $6.5 Million to Build and Grow My New Company: Bustle.com," Pando Daily
- "I Was Quite Surprised by Some Things on My American Airlines International 'Economy Class' Flight," Business Insider
- "Finding the Unjustly Homeless, and Teaching Them to Code," Medium
- "10 Things I Hate About You: San Francisco," Medium
- "And You Thought SF Cabs Were Bad? BART Strike Is Crippling Fledgling Mid-Market Tech Corridor," Pando Daily
- "Castle, Sweet Castle," Wall Street Journal
"Now, let me be clear. I love the gays. I have gay friends, gay mentors, gay acquaintances and associates."
"Women, How Do They Work?"
"When you puzzle over why the elegant Huma Abedin is propping up the eel-like Anthony Weiner, you must remember one thing: Huma was raised in Saudi Arabia..."
"Love Actually says, yes, you're crazy, but other people are crazy, too, and you should find out if maybe they're crazy about you."