Attention Beck Watchers: The Gray Lady is officially in the game. Over the weekend, the New York Times ran two stories about Beck—one, an op-ed about Beck as classic American populist, the other an unlikely comparison between talk radio and gangsta rap.
I, for one, find this refreshing. Nothing diffuses a situation like gently intellectualizing it to death from a great distance. Right?
Then there was this gem, from Beck's Twitter: Sept 28. Lets make it a day of Fast and Prayer for the Republic. Spread the word. Let us walk in the founders steps.
Yes, that's Glenn Beck co-opting Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish year, for the Fox Nation. I would be really, really mad, except that there so precious few Republican Jews to begin with, and since virtually all of them either speak only Russian or don't own TVs and eschew the mainstream media, Beck's entreaty (and my rage) will surely fall on deaf ears.
Without further ado, here's who still advertising:
- Conservatives for Patients' Rights
- Rosland Capital
- The Law Office of Pulaski & Middleman
- Superior Gold Group
- Clarity Media Group (The Weekly Standard)
- Goldline International
- Freije Treatment Systems (EasyWater Systems)
- Free tax analysis 800-514-8680
- News Corp. (The Wall Street Journal)
- FEMA (National Flood Insurance Program)
- Roche Diagnostics (Accu-Chek Aviva)
- Imperial Structured Settlements
- Credit card & debt relief helpline 1-800-650-6878
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers