Hillary Clinton has contracted pneumonia and is taking antibiotics for it. I hope she gets better soon. In the meantime, though, the news is going to be grim. Expect all of the following:
- Washington Post: This makes Clinton’s health a genuine issue.
- Charles Krauthammer: She should have told us hours earlier than she did. Is there nothing the Clintons won’t lie about?
- Vox: Here’s a pneumonia explainer.
- Wall Street Journal: Can Hillary keep up the pace on campaign trail?
- Fox News All-Stars: William Henry Harrison died of pneumonia after 32 days in office.
- Don Lemon: Is it possible Clinton actually has Ebola?
- Time: New focus on Kaine as Clinton struggles with health.
- @realDonaldTrump: Hillary tried to hide sickness. But I’ve been warning about her health for months. Need more transparency!
- @KatrinaPierson: Doctors say it might actually be cystic fibrosis or lung cancer. Public deserves full medical workup.
- @RogerJStoneJr: Hillary has Legionnaires’ disease.
- National Enquirer: Hillary Clinton given months to live by docs.
- New York Times: Questions raised about Clinton diagnosis.
- Facebook News: Trending topics: How long does Hillary have to live?
- Politico: Will Clinton recover in time for debate?
The real story, of course, is that she caught pneumonia. It’s a common illness, and antibiotics should get rid of it pretty quickly. Even during a presidential campaign it’s a fairly ordinary kind of story. But the talking heads need more than that to talk about. We need some kind of morality play. We need the “real questions this raises.” We need analysis. We need daily updates, accompanied by slo-mo analysis of Clinton’s latest walk to her car. So we’ll get them. Sigh.