We’re not just three days away from the presidential election, we’re also three days away from voting on California’s massive list of ballot initiatives.1 Here are my recommendations:
- $9 billion school bond. YES.
- Hospital fees. NO.
- Voter approval for revenue bonds over $2 billion. NO.
- Three-day wait before voting on bills. YES.
- Extension of income tax increase. NO.
- $2 cigarette tax. NO.
- Early parole for nonviolent offenders. YES.
- Repeal of Prop 227. YES.
- “Advisory question” to overturn Citizens United. NO.
- Condoms in porn films. NO.
- Prescription drug price regulation. NO.
- Repeal the death penalty. YES.
- Background checks for ammunition purchasers. NO.
- Marijuana legalization. YES.
- Plastic bag revenue. NO.
- Death penalty procedures. NO.
- Plastic bag ban. YES.
My longer write-up about each of these initiatives is here. It’s not a comprehensive description of every initiative, just enough to give you an idea of what each one is about and why I’m for or against it. It’s nice and short, and it’s written in plain English.
1If you live in California, that is.