Here are the raw numbers for Obama’s fundraising, snatched from a press advisory email his campaign just sent out:
Third quarter totals:
• Primary dollars raised: at least $19 million
• Overall dollars raised (with general election): at least $20 million
• Number of new donors: over 93,000
• Primary dollars raised: at least $74.9 million
• Total number of donors: 352,000
It’s that last one that I find most impressive. If Obama has managed to find 352,000 donors from January 1 to September 30, that’s roughly 1,290 new donors every single day.
I’m interested to know what Obama’s cash-on-hand is. He may have raised a whopping $75 million up to this point, but how much does he have left to spend? I’ve placed a call to the Obama press office to find out.
Update: No call back. From other news reports, it looks like they are keeping the cash-on-hand number under wraps.