On Tuesday, Sarah Palin posted a new screed on Facebook bashing environmentalists for being the cause of the Gulf oil spill. No, really. Meanwhile, back on Earth, MoJo reporters Mac McClelland and Julia Whitty continue to blog and tweet live from the Gulf beaches, while Kate Sheppard keeps tabs on the politics of the spill. And if you haven’t checked out Mac’s and Julia’s photos yet, they’re worth a gander. Trust me. Mac’s are here, and Julia’s shots of birds battling oil are here. Some sample tweets and links to our recent coverage of BP and the spill that’s shaping up to be the environmental disaster of the century:
@JuliaWhitty: The oil in the seawater is as tacky as wax. I’d like to give the BP bigwigs fully-body Brazilian waxes #bp #oilspill
@MacMcClelland: A big lake of concentrated #BP crude has just been spotted coming toward the coast of Grand Isle.
- “I’d Rather Have Another Katrina Than This” : Birds, Boom, and BP: No matter what BP says or doesn’t, shows or hides, the birds are still trying to cobble together a breeding season in the middle of an oil spill.
- “Ignore Her”: The BP Press Lockdown Continues: Why are oil-spill workers so scared to talk to reporters?
- BP Bars Photos of Dead Wildlife as Bodies Pile Up: But whether we’re seeing them or not, the bodies are starting to add up.
- Obama’s Spill Commission Co-chair has Ties to Oil: William K. Reilly is on the board of ConocoPhillips, DuPont (which creates products for the oil industry, among other things), and the Texas-based electric utility company, Energy Future Holdings.
- Bobby Jindal: Oil Spill Hero or BP’s BFF?: The Louisiana governor has been praised for his response to the spill. But did his policies help pave the way for the disaster?
- BP’s 10 Biggest Screw-Ups: How did the oil giant fail in the spill recovery? Let us count the ways.
For more up-to-the-minute updates on the spill, check out our BP coverage and the Blue Marble blog. You can also follow Mac McClelland, Julia Whitty, Kate Sheppard, The Climate Desk, and the Blue Marble on Twitter.