- Waste Not, Want Not We've finally reached a point where we can't keep hyperconsuming—and that's a good thing.
- Recycling? Fuhgeddaboudit Are New Yorkers right to think recycling is a waste of time?
- Meet the Zero-Waste Zealots Juli Borst freezes her kitchen waste, carries bottle caps across two boroughs, and knits her own washcloths. And she's not the most obsessive trash blogger out there—by a long shot.
- Plastic. Fantastic? Can we learn to live with (and even love) plastic?
- Industrial Strength Solution You recycle. Why doesn't industry?
- Sludge Happens Recycling sewage into fertilizer might be making us sick. Why doesn't the EPA give a crap?
- MoJo Forum: Is Recycling a Waste? Join a MoJo writer, a recycling pro, a consumption critic, and a historian of garbage for some serious trash talk.
More From MoJo
- My Trash's Afterlife (Parts 1, 2, and 3) Was I wrong to recycle the junk-mail envelopes with plastic windows? A guided trash tour.